At Duolingo, you can learn as many languages as you want! We encourage you to select a new language to tackle once you've completed a course. A language expert? Take as many courses as you would like at the same time.
How to add a language course?
via desktop web
- Tap the flag icon towards the top.
- Select 'Add a new course'.
- You will then see a variety of courses available in your base language.
- Select the new course you would like to add.
- You then can select starting with the Basics or take a Placement Test. Totally up to you!
- You can simply tap the flag icon to toggle between your courses.
NOTE: If you would like to change the base language, tap "I Speak..." and select the base language. The dashboard will then display the courses available for that base language. Example: You started French for English speakers, but you would like to add Spanish for French speakers as well.
via iOS/Android app
- Tap the flag icon towards the top of the app.
- Scroll and select '+ Course'.
- Select the new language course of your choosing.
- Your new course will display where you can select starting with the Basics or take a Placement Test.
- Tap the flag icon to toggle between your courses.
NOTE: If you would like to change the base language in-app, scroll towards the bottom and tap '...More'. Scroll and select the appropriate course.