Would you like to disable predictive text while doing your Duolingo lessons? You can turn off autocorrect and predictive text in the keyboard settings for your device.
- Open your device's Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select System, then tap on Languages & input.(Note: depending on your Android version or custom UI, you may find Languages & input in the main Settings page instead.)
- After that, tap on Virtual Keyboards.
- Select Gboard(or your active keyboard) on the list. This should take you to the keyboard's settings.
- Tap on text correction.
- Now toggle off Next-word suggestions (or Predictive text) to disable the feature.
- Open Settings on your iOS device.
- Tap General.
- Tap Keyboard.
- Toggle the option for prediction to off.
In some courses, you will see a suggestion bar above your keyboard. To disable this, you will need to go to Profile tab > Settings (top-right) > toggle off ‘Suggestion bar’.
Note: When you turn off predictive text, iPhone may still try to suggest corrections for misspelled words. To accept a correction, enter a space or punctuation, or tap Return. To reject a correction, tap the “x.” If you reject the same suggestion a few times, iPhone stops suggesting it.