When you learn on Duolingo, you earn points, and we call them experience points, or XP for short.
You can earn XP in various ways:
- Individual lessons = 10 XP (+possible bonus XP)
- Skill practice (when you reach all 5 levels in a skill!) = 10 XP*
- Practice (accessible via the barbell icon or hearts tab) = 10 XP
- Skill Test-out (when you tap the key icon to level up in a skill ) = 20 XP
- Checkpoint Quiz = 50 XP
- Placement Test = 100 XP
- Duolingo Stories (available in limited languages)
You will not receive XP for Tinycards.
Please note that as we continue to test new features, the experience may slightly differ from user to user. XP is subject to change.
*For the first session in a calendar day, you will earn 10 XP. After that, it will be 5 XP for the second practice session, and then 0 XP for the third practice session in the same calendar day.