Generally, all charges for in-app purchases are nonrefundable, and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods. If requested within 48-hours of the transaction date, you may be able to get a refund depending on the details of the purchase.
If you’d like a refund for a Duolingo Plus subscription, please be sure to cancel your subscription prior to your refund request (instructions here).
Once cancelled, you can follow the below steps to request a refund:
If you subscribed to Duolingo Plus using your Google Play Store account, follow the steps below:
- Open a web browser (like Chrome or Safari) on your computer, tablet, or phone.
- Copy https://play.google.com/store/account and paste it into the address bar of the web browser.
- Make sure this is in a web browser and not the Google Play Store app. You can't request a refund in the Google Play Store app.
- Scroll down to "Order History" and find the order you want to return. To the right of the order, select the three vertical dots.
- Select Report a problem.
- Choose the option that describes your situation, complete the form, and say that you would like a refund.
- You will see a message saying "thank you for sharing your concerns." Later you will receive an email about your refund.
If you subscribed to Duolingo Plus using your Apple ID, refunds are handled by Apple, not Duolingo. If you wish to request a refund, please visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084 or follow the steps below:
- Go to iTunes on a computer
- Click on your Apple ID
- Select 'Purchase history'
- Find the transaction and tap 'Report Problem'
If you subscribed to Duolingo Plus via desktop web (Stripe), please follow the steps below:
- Log into your Duolingo account
- Go to your Plus settings page here
- Click "Email us" under the Plus Support widget
Note: All active Plus subscribers can access this Plus Support widget