Generally, all charges for in-app purchases are nonrefundable, and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods. If requested within 48-hours of the transaction, you may be able to get a refund depending on the details of the purchase.
If you’d like a refund for a Duolingo Plus subscription, please be sure to cancel your subscription prior to your refund request (instructions here).
Once cancelled, you can follow the below steps to request a refund:
If you subscribed to Duolingo Plus using your Google Play Store account, follow the steps below:
- On your computer, go to play.google.com/store/account.
- Click "Order History".
- Find the order you want to return.
- Select "Request a refund "or "Report a problem" and choose the option that describes your situation.
- Complete the form and note that you'd like a refund.
- You will see a message saying "Thank you for sharing your concerns." Later you will receive an email about your refund (it can take up to 4 business days).
If you subscribed to Duolingo Plus using your Apple ID, refunds are handled by Apple, not Duolingo. If you wish to request a refund, please visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084 or follow the steps below:
- Locate your most recent receipt from Apple indicating the Duolingo Plus subscription. Email subject should start with "Your receipt from Apple"
- Tap "Report a Problem" next to the purchase. Then, you will be redirected to Apple's problem reports page.
- Enter your Apple ID and password when prompted.
- Under "What can we help you with?", select the refund option and reason. Click Submit when finished with your request.
- Go to reportaproblem.apple.com.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- If you see the "Report" or "Report a Problem" button next to your subscription, click it.
- Follow the instructions on the page to choose the reason why you want a refund and submit your request.
If you subscribed to Duolingo Plus via desktop web (Stripe), please follow the steps below:
- Log into your Duolingo account
- Go to your Plus settings page here
- Click "Email us" under the Plus Support widget
Note: All active Plus subscribers can access this Plus Support widget