Generally, all charges for in-app purchases are nonrefundable, and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods. It is up to the discretion of the processor (Google Play or Apple) to successfully process the refund request.
If you’d like a refund for a Super Duolingo subscription, please be sure to cancel your subscription prior to your refund request (instructions here).
Once cancelled, you can follow the below steps to request a refund:
If you subscribed to Super Duolingo using your Google Play Store account, follow the steps below:
- On your computer, follow instructions here.
- Confirm Google Play account.
- Find the order you want to return.
- Select "Request a refund "or "Report a problem" and choose the option that describes your situation.
- Complete the form and note that you'd like a refund.
- You will see a message saying "Thank you for sharing your concerns." Later you will receive an email about your refund (it can take up to 4 business days).
If you have any issues requesting a refund via Google Play, please reach out to Super Duolingo Support team here (desktop web).
If you subscribed to Super Duolingo using your Apple ID, refunds are handled by Apple, not Duolingo. If you wish to request a refund, please visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084 or follow the steps below:
- Locate your most recent receipt from Apple indicating the Super Duolingo subscription. Email subject should start with "Your receipt from Apple"
- Tap "Report a Problem" next to the purchase. Then, you will be redirected to Apple's problem reports page.
- Enter your Apple ID and password when prompted.
- Under "What can we help you with?", select the refund option and reason. Click Submit when finished with your request.
- Go to reportaproblem.apple.com.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- If you see the "Report" or "Report a Problem" button next to your subscription, click it.
- Follow the instructions on the page to choose the reason why you want a refund and submit your request.
If you subscribed to Super Duolingo via desktop web (Stripe), please follow the steps below:
- Log into your Duolingo account
- Go to your account settings page here
- Click "Send Feedback" towards the bottom
- You will have the option to send an email to Super Duolingo support. Please detail in the email that you need a refund for you web subscription.
Note: All active Super subscribers can access this 'Send Feedback' option