Only Duolingo Plus users can download lessons. Note that this is only available on mobile devices with the Duolingo app.
To download your offline lessons, head over to the Plus badge (top-right):
- Choose the course you'd like to download in the 'Offline Courses' section, tap 'Download'.
- Once downloading, you can tap 'Manage' to bring you to the offline dashboard with all your active courses. You can view the download progress here.
- Once successfully downloaded, you will see a green check mark in the 'Downloaded' section. You can go offline and complete your lessons in the app.
- If you would like to delete the downloaded course, please tap the trashcan icon. You will be prompted with a confirmation message.
To download your offline lessons, head over to the Plus tab (top-right):
- Choose the course you'd like to download in the 'Available for Download' section, click the Arrow icon.
- You'll be prompted to choose if you'd like to auto-update with wifi or wifi/data.
- You can view download progress (%) in the Plus tab or in your device's notification menu.
- Once successfully downloaded, the course will be in the 'Downloaded' section.
- You can then go offline and complete your offline lessons in the app.
Some things to note:
- To toggle between wifi or wifi/data, click the Gear icon in the Plus tab.
- For iOS and Android devices, the course will auto-update with new content for offline use. To stop a course from auto-updating, please click on the circle/square icon. That will stop the download process and return the course to the 'Available for Download' section.
- To remove a downloaded course, click the trashcan icon.
NOTE: You will need a working internet connection to download lessons. You may also see slight differences across Android and iOS devices.