If you want to stop receiving certain notifications or emails, you can edit your preferences in your settings.
Note that some of these may affect announcements you have signed up for (such as a new language launch), assignments, and other important Duolingo notifications--so please be careful when unsubscribing.
On the website:
1. Go to your settings and select "notifications" on the menu to the right.
2. For example, if you don't want to be notified when someone starts following you, you can uncheck that box. Remember to save changes using the green button on the top right.
1. Tap the three dots on the top right of your screen and select "settings".
2. Scroll down and tap the envelope to make it gray and stop receiving email notifications, and the same for the phone icon if you want to stop receiving push notifications on your phone. (blue is "on" and gray is "off"). You can also set the time your practice reminder is sent to you next to "reminder time."
1. Click the Profile tab and then click "Settings" towards the top-right.
2. Scroll down towards your Notifications, and you can toggle on/off Club Activity and Practice reminders here.