If you like, you can use your username to log in, instead of your whole email. Your username is unique and cannot have special characters or spaces. Sometimes it is automatically generated when you create your account. But how can you find out what your Duolingo username is?
When logged in to your account, simply take a look at the name next to your picture. That is your username.
1. Select the three dots on the top-right of the screen.
2. Tap on "Settings"
3. Your username is right under your name, as shown below.
On iOS devices:
If you have Avatars
1. Select the Avatars icon on the top right
2. Select the gear icon on the top right of the screen
3. Your username is between your name and your password. It should be unique and contain no spaces or special characters.
If you do not have the Avatars icon
1. Open Clubs, by selecting the Clubs icon
2. Select "Profile"
3. Select "Settings"
4. And your username should be right there, under your name.
If you need to change your username, please follow these instructions.